The UCI World Cycling Tour is a 'cycling for all' series where cyclists from all over the world can participate in events where they can obtain their ticket for the UCI World Cycling Tour final, the official UCI Master World Championship in different age groups. There are qualifier events for both road-races and time-trial. The UWCT corporation will crown the new UCI World Master Worldchampions in Road racing and Time-trial.
Riders can start with:
- Day license according to the regulations of the National Federation.
- An elite license with exception of:
- Any rider who has during the current year been a member of a team registered with the UCI.
- Any rider who has taken part in a world championships, the Olympic games, continental championships or games, regional games, the Commonwealth games, or a World Cup during the current year, other than events for masters.
- Any rider who scored UCI points is 2012.
- Master license
According to UCI regulations, riders with UCI points are not allowed to take part in UWCT qualifiers or UWCT Final
The events offer results in different age groups, for both women and men:
- 16 - 29y (Challenger Class)
- 30 - 34y
- 35 - 39y
- 40 - 44y
- 45 - 49y
- 50 - 54y
- 55 - 59y
- 60 - 64y
The age group you belong to is the age you are at 31 december 2013.
Granting of participation rights for the UWCT Final
Each UWCT event will grant participation rights for the UWCT Final, the Amateur World Championships. By the end of each race, the first 25% athletes of each age group, with a minimum of 3 riders per age group, will be awarded with guaranteed entry to the UWCT Final and be able to race for the World Champion title. The winners of the slots will be announced on the UWCT website. This decision was made in consideration to women who often race in small groups, with less than 10 participants per age class, limiting the "25% Best" to one rider. The new system will also benefit elder age groups and increase the competitiveness for the World Champion title.
In addition, riders who participate in 3 qualifier events during the season will also get their ticket to the final. They don't have to finish in the 25% first in their age category.
The wearing of a cycling helmet is required.
The riders can choose any bike they want (road bike, mountain bike, city bike, hybrid bike, cross bike…) with exception of tandem bike or recumbent.
Mechanical assistance is provided on all the routes.
Timekeeping and ranking
The event is timed for all the participants, during the whole course. Timekeeping will provide an overall final ranking, a ranking for women and another for men.
Special Regulations GranFondo Challenge Sri Lanka 2013:
- The GranFondo Challenge Sri Lanka 2013 is organized under the UCI (International Cycling Union) rules and regulations.
- The Organisers reserve the right to limit and refuse entries
- The Organisers reserve the right to remove any participant deemed physically incapable of continuing the race.
- The Organisers reserve the right to amend the Rules and Regulations without prior notification.
- The Organisers reserve the right to amend the race course with prior notice to participants.
- In the event of inclement weather, the Organisers reserve the right to delay the commencement of the race, shorten the race or modify the course.
- Should the inclement weather persist after the delay, the Organisers reserve the right to cancel the race without any refund of registration fees.
- Participants must be 16 years old to take part in the event.
- Participants under 21 years old must provide parental consent to take part in the event.
- On-the-spot entries will not be accepted.
- The Organisers will not be responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete and/or incorrect entry details given by the participants.
- Race entries are non-transferable. Any person doing so will be held responsible in case of an accident arising from or provoked by the other person during the race. The Organisers reserve the right to exclude both parties from future events.
- Once the registration form has been processed, there will be no fee refund for the participants who, for whatever reason, eventually do not take part.
- It is the participant's responsibility to ensure that their bicycles are in good working condition and safe for use in a mass participation cycling event.
- The organizer reserves the right to refuse participants with bicycles that are considered unsafe for the event.
- For the time-trial event, time-trial bikes are allowed as per UCI Technical Regulations.
- Triathlon handlebars, aerobars, bar extensions and bull horns are not allowed in the road race and the criterium.
- Participants must keep to the left side of the road and observe traffic rules at all time
- Participants must ensure that their competition numbers are clearly visible at the back of their adorned apparel at all times.
- Wearing headphones is not allowed at all times.
- Private (support) vehicles are prohibited from the event.
Category & Ranking
- Cyclists will be classified in their respective category.
16 - 29y (Challenger Class)
30 - 34y
35 - 39y
40 - 44y
45 - 49y
50 - 54y
55 - 59y
60 - 64y
- It will be a general classification per time and per category for cyclists finishing all 3 events.
- Cyclists who do not complete a stage are allowed to start the next stage but will not compete for the general classification.
- Each participant have to be fully cover with health, accident and damages insurances.
- The organiser declines all responsability.